Effective Date: SEPTEMBER, 2019
Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
- Who is GVS
- How We Collect Personal Information
- Behavioral Advertising
- Information We Collect
- Our Privacy Principles
- Data retention
- Contact Information
Who is GVS?
How We Collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you, such as information you provide to us when you inquire or purchase our products and services.
- From our vendors, partners, and third parties who we work with to provide and improve our products and services
- From companies and organizations that partner with us to deliver products and services
- Automatically, from your use of our website or apps, such as your IP address, usage data, and geolocation data.
Information We Collect:
- Contact information, such as first and last name, telephone number, and address
- Billing information, such as credit card number and billing address
- Information necessary to verify your identity
- Other information necessary to provide you with our products and services
Our Privacy Principles:
- process and administer your payment for the purchase of products or services, if you purchase online or use a debit or credit card for the purchase in one of our stores;
- process your application for a product, provide a service, or administer the Canadian Tire loyalty reward program or other loyalty or preferred customer programs that may exist from time to time (each a “Loyalty Program”);
- better understand your product and services needs and to offer relevant information, products, services, rewards and programs to meet those needs, including sending you (and others on your behalf) communications by way of postal mail, e-mail, facsimile, telephone, text message, or other type of electronic message;
- determine your interest and eligibility for, and where appropriate, provide you with, products, services, rewards and programs;
- administer the delivery, return or exchange of products, services, rewards and programs to you;
- track and analyze your purchases, other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, and payment history for marketing purposes or tailoring promotional offers to you;
- track and analyze website use to provide a better customer experience such as customized offers and advertisements;
- conduct surveys and analysis for research, statistical and product development purposes (information will be de-identified to the extent possible);
- verify your identity and protect against error and fraud;
- manage and assess our risk;
- assess and update your credit-worthiness on an ongoing basis;
- process, service, analyze and audit your relationship with us, including collecting any money you owe us;
- support promotions and contest administration;
- perform tests to implement or modify systems;
- comply with applicable legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements;
- process and respond to your application for employment;
- respond to your questions, comments or requests to customer service; and
- achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted or required by law.
- We keep your personal information accurate. We want to keep your personal information up-to-date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. We rely on you to let us know if your address, telephone number or other information you provide us changes, so that we may provide you with the best possible service.
- You can access your personal information stored by us. You have the right to access, review, and request changes to your personal information in our custody or control. To access your personal information, a request must be submitted in writing to us (see Contact Information below). We will respond to your request for access or information or changes in a reasonable time.
- Deletion of personal information: You may request that we delete your personal information. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law.
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information: While we do not sell your information, you may have the right to direct us to stop selling your personal information depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside.
- Portability: Under certain conditions, you may request that we transfer your personal information to another entity in the format in which we maintain it in the ordinary course of business.
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information only for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When personal information is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the data.
The website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years.
You may contact us:
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail at 2180 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 770, Station K, Toronto, ON M4P 2V8- Re: Privacy Inquiries
If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you have further questions, you can contact Canadian Tire's Chief Privacy Officer by mail at: Chief Privacy Officer c/o Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 770, Station K, Toronto, ON M4P 2V8 or by email at email@example.com.